Terms and Conditions
The NLM Classification data are available to all requesters, both within and outside the United States. There is no charge for obtaining the data.
The data are available to all requesters, both within and outside the United States. There is no charge for obtaining the data.
Downloading classification data through this site indicates your acceptance of the following terms and conditions:
- If the use is not personal, (a) the U.S. National Library of Medicine must be identified as the creator, maintainer, and provider of the data; (b) the version of the data must be clearly stated by publication and year, e.g., 2006 NLM Classification and (c) if any modification is made to the data, this must be stated, along with a description of the modification.
- Neither the United States Government, nor any of its agencies, contractors, subcontractors or employees makes any warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to the data, and, furthermore, assumes no legal liability for any party's use, or the results of such use, of any part of the data.
- You will not assert any proprietary rights to any portion of the data, or represent the data or any part thereof to anyone as other than data of the United States Government.
- This is a work of the U.S. Government and is not subject to copyright protection in the United States. Foreign copyrights may apply.
These terms and conditions are in effect as long as the user retains any of the data obtained from this site.
Available Formats: [NOTE: The three PDF Sections and the zip file will not be updated with 2020 classification data until Fall 2020]
Download the following 2019 three (3) sections:
- Section 1: Introductory Material [PDF; 202 KB]
- Section 2: Schedules [PDF; 473 KB]
- Section 3: Index [PDF; 2.74 MB]
PDF documents require the use of the Adobe® Acrobat® Reader, which can be downloaded from Adobe's Web site at no charge.