Classify here works on pharmacology in general or on the pharmacology of individual drugs or types of drugs grouped according to their specific action.
Classify works dealing with the general aspects of pharmacy and pharmaceutics in the section beginning with QV 701.
- Classify works on an individual drug according to its principal action.
- Note that occasionally agents are classed together because they are frequently treated together regardless of their different actions, e.g., sulfur and sulfur compounds.
- Classify works on the use of an individual drug in the treatment of a particular disease with the disease.
- Classify works on the purely chemical or technological use of chemicals in the QD or the T schedules.
- Classify a drug derived from a plant with the drug.
- Classify works on vitamins in QU; on endocrine preparations in WJ, WK, or WP; and non-endocrine biologicals in QW.
- Classify the abuse of a drug in the appropriate WM number.
Classify here works discussing both pharmacological phenomena and pharmaceutical preparations. Classify works on pharmacological phenomena only in QV 37.
Include here works on the history of schools. Classify courses of study, catalogs, etc., in W 19.5.
Classify general works discussing both pharmacological phenomena and pharmaceutical preparations in QV 4.
Classify works on topical anti-inflammatory agents here. Cf. QV 247 for other anti-inflammatory agents. Classify works on local anti-infective agents in QV 220.
Classify works about alcohols in QV 82-84 even if not used as a central nervous system depressant, unless otherwise instructed.
Classify general works on bronchodilator agents here. Classify works on theophylline in QV 107. Classify works on autonomic agents that are also anti-inflammatory agents in QV 247; that are also histamine antagonists in QV 157; that are also sympathomimetics in QV 129; that are also vasodilator agents in QV 150.
Cf. QU 58 for works on biochemistry of nucleic acids and derivatives.
Cf. QV 250 Anti-infective agents
Classify works on antiseptic halogens in QV 231. Classify works on specific metal compounds with the metal.
Cf. QV 231 for iodines, etc. as antiseptics.
Cf. QV 666 for works on irritant gases affecting other parts of the body.
Cf. QV 664 for general works on lung irritants.
Classify medicinal plants with geographic distribution in QV 770. Classify works on non-medicinal aspects of plants in the appropriate QK number.
Classify works on drug monitoring in WB 330; on monitoring drugs used for a particular disease, with the disease.